ViewVC is a browser interface for CVS and Subversion version control repositories. It generates templatized HTML to present navigable directory, revision, and change log listings. It can display specific versions of files as well as diffs between those versions. Basically, ViewVC provides the bulk of the report-like functionality you expect out of your version control tool, but much more prettily than the average textual command-line program output.
Here are some of the additional features of ViewVC:
- Support for filesystem-accessible CVS and Subversion repositories.
- Individually configurable virtual host support.
- Line-based annotation/blame display.
- Revision graph capabilities (via integration with CvsGraph) (CVS only).
- Syntax highlighting support.
- Bonsai-like repository query facilities.
- Template-driven output generation.
- Colorized, side-by-side differences.
- Tarball generation (by tag/branch for CVS, by revision for Subversion).
- I18N support based on the Accept-Language request header.
- Ability to run either as CGI script or as a standalone server.
- Regexp-based file searching.
- INI-like configuration file (as opposed to requiring actual code tweaks).