Have you ever used jTrac? … If you want to track the errors and issues causing with in the development or testing environment then, I am sure this will be better option for you. jTrac is a web-based application ideal for issue tracking with built-in workflow. It is a lightweight J2EE application built on the Spring Framework and Hibernate. This is designed to be generic, you can customize fields to track items (like bugs) & allocate tasks etc. It has a simple user interface and using a small database called HSQLDB. To use the jTrac we just have to do the following. Copy the war file to the servlet-engine then start it 🙂 . HSQLDB will automatically starts at the time of engines startup.
Some features of the jTrac are listed below
- Add custom fields and drop downs
- Per-project customizable workflow
- Field-level permissions
- Detailed history view
- E-mail notifications
- File attachments
- Full text search
- Search and filter even on custom fields
- Dashboard view of statistics
- Export data and search results to Excel
- Support for anonymous browsing of projects
- Relate items to each other, e.g. “duplicate of”, “depends on” etc.
- Support for all popular databases
- Database upgrade and migration scripts available
- Embedded database and web-app server – download and start using right away!
Reference: jTrack Home