Here is some key features of Glassfish, the Open Source Application Server for Java EE 5. These info I got from ArunGupta’s blog. He summarizes the features in his latest post.
- Fastest open source application server (883.66, highly scalable).
- Centralized management of clusters and instances distributed across multiple servers.
- Microsoft .NET 3.0 interoperability
- Java Business Integration and Open ESB
- Call flow analysis for diagnosing performance problems
- High performing message queue implementation (Open Message Queue), with a highly available message store.
- SIP Servlet support and Telco Support via SailFin
- Very small footprint and flexibility via modularity in GlassFish v3.
For more please visit here
Acegi Security is a Java/Java EE framework that provides advanced authentication, authorization and other security features for enterprise applications built using the Spring Framework (Java). This is a powerful, flexible security solution for enterprise software, with a particular emphasis on applications that use Spring. This provides your applications with comprehensive authentication, authorization, instance-based access control, channel security and human user detection capabilities. If you want to read more the please visit these links – Project site, Reference, API docs…
Technorati: Spring, Security, acegi
||It generates identifiers of type long, short or int that are unique only when no other process is inserting data into the same table. It should not the used in the clustered environment.
||It supports identity columns in DB2, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Sybase and HypersonicSQL. The returned identifier is of type long, short or int.
||The sequence generator uses a sequence in DB2, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SAP DB, McKoi or a generator in Interbase. The returned identifier is of type long, short or int
||The hilo generator uses a hi/lo algorithm to efficiently generate identifiers of type long, short or int, given a table and column (by default hibernate_unique_key and next_hi respectively) as a source of hi values. The hi/lo algorithm generates identifiers that are unique only for a particular database. Do not use this generator with connections enlisted with JTA or with a user-supplied connection.
||The seqhilo generator uses a hi/lo algorithm to efficiently generate identifiers of type long, short or int, given a named database sequence.
||The uuid generator uses a 128-bit UUID algorithm to generate identifiers of type string, unique within a network (the IP address is used). The UUID is encoded as a string of hexadecimal digits of length 32.
||It uses a database-generated GUID string on MS SQL Server and MySQL.
||It picks identity, sequence or hilo depending upon the capabilities of the underlying database.
||lets the application to assign an identifier to the object before save() is called. This is the default strategy if no <generator> element is specified.
||retrieves a primary key assigned by a database trigger by selecting the row by some unique key and retrieving the primary key value.
||uses the identifier of another associated object. Usually used in conjunction with a <one-to-one> primary key association.
Technorati tags: Hibernate Generators, ORM
Source: For the complete Hibernate tutorial Visit Here
Three advantages of integrating Struts into Spring
There are so many advantages of integrating a Struts application into the Spring framework. These three points I got from Mr.George Franciscus’s article in Developerworks.
1. Spring was explicitly designed to resolve some of the real-world problems of JEE, such as complexity, poor performance, testability, and much more.
2. The Spring framework includes an AOP implementation that lets you apply aspect-oriented techniques to normal object-oriented code.
3. Some might say that the Spring framework just handles Struts better than Struts handles itself 🙂
Source : More on this topic visit here
Technorati tags: Spring, Struts