Parking lots are the traditional wasteland of the suburban biosphere. But Google is turning this land into a farm of Solar Trees to generate Power.
Google’s Mountain View, California, headquarters is getting a 1.6-megawatt solar system — enough to power about 1,000 homes — that will feed about 30 percent of the complex’s power demand.
About a third of the 9,000 solar panels Google’s installing will take the form of overhanging parking shades at the million-square-foot campus in Mountain View. The others will be mounted on rooftops.
Read more from Wired…
In my daily life I am using some of the Web 2.0 applications very frequently. Here is the list of first TEN apps.
1. Gmail : My mail Box
2. Google Reader : To update my knowledge
3. WordPress : To express myself.
4. Google Docs : For storing and editing my Docs online.
5. Flickr : To store my camera views
6. Google Calender : To move according to my schedule
7. Orkut and FaceBook : For keep in touch with my friends.
8. Geni : To update, remember and keep in touch with my Family Members.
9. Linked In : Maintaining my small professional Resume
10. Library things : Member of world’s largest book club 🙂
Factors that can increase your Google PageRankNow the Google PageRank algorithm can be very complexed, but yet friendly invention. Here is a list of things that could help boost you Google PageRank, with a rating scale beside it of how important we think it is.
- Update Pages Frequently 2/10
- Add Pages Frequently 4/10
- Good Neighborhood Directories with high PageRank Levels 7/10
- Monster Websites 7/10
- Quality Inbound links 8/10
- Quality Relevant Links 9/10
- No Broken Links 5/10
- Article Submissions (this can increase your PageRank by getting more inbound links)
- All these put together 10/10
Factors that can decrease your Google PageRank
- Bad inbound links such as Poker, Sex, Drugs, or anything to that nature
- Link spamming
- Bad Content
- Lots of broken links
- SEO Black Hat Techniques
This info. is taken from Devon’s Blog. You can visit his site for more information about the Algorithm of Google and many more…
Technorati Tags: Google , Page Rank , Search Engines
According to some newspaper resources, Google has already developed an offline version of Gmail that is likely to be made available within this year.
Like Google Reader which lets you work offline using Google Gears, GMail users will be able to interact with their GMail account even when they don’t have an active Internet connection. For instance, the report says that you would have to download a GMail software client for that would automatically synchronize with the Gmail server. Read more here
Technorati Tags: Google