Hey, Do you know Ms. Dewey? No??? Okay I will introduce her. It is a search engine owned by Microsoft. The Ms. Dewey website is an Adobe Flash-based experimental interface for Windows Live Search. Ms. Dewey is a fully animated search assistant who audibly comments on searched keywords in her own style and makes random actions when idle.The role of the Ms. Dewey character is played by the famous American actruss Janina Gavankar. You need atleast medium speed internet connection to catch her.
Experiance the difference… here
Technorati tags: Ms.Dewey, Microsoft, Janina Gavankar
ICEfaces also released as opensource under the Mozilla Public License, on this Tuesday :).
Technorati Tags: ICEFaces
I happened to know about “Foxit Reader 2.0“; an incredibly small sized PDF reader from Mr.Vadivel’s blog. In his post he had explained about the reason of migration through some of the disadvantages of the commonly used Adobe PDF reader. And I decided just to test this new one. But WOW! For my surprise it took no time for the installation!!! One sec?? Naa.. 🙂
Its has some good features too. Lets check some of them taken from their official site.
- The download size of Foxit Reader is only 1.5 M which is a fraction of Acrobat Reader 20 M size
- When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without any delay. You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.
- Have you ever wished to annotate (or comment on) a PDF document when you are reading it? Foxit Reader 2.0 allows you to draw graphics, highlight text, type text and make notes on a PDF document and then print out or save the annotated document.
- You may convert the whole PDF document into a simple text file.
- Foxit Reader highly respects the security and privacy of users and will never connect to Internet without users’ permission. While other PDF Reader often silently connects to the Internet in the background. Foxit PDF Reader does not contain any spyware or adware.
Technorati tags: Foxit Reader, PDF reader
If we’re connected to a secure site, then the address bar will have a padlock by the arrow on the right and the background will turn yellow. The padlock also appears on the status bar as normal. Therefore, if the address bar isn’t yellow, then it’s not safe to give over credit card details.
The Address bar is acting as a search text box. When we type something (not a full site address) in the address bar and press ENTER then it will automatically search in Google for that word. And if there a well known website with that word then it will redirect to that site.
Technorati tags: Firefox