Interface21 announced that it has partnered with Tasktop Technologies, creators of the Eclipse Mylyn project, to develop the Spring Tool Suite.This new Spring-specific tool solution will build on Eclipse and Mylyn to dramatically reduce the complexity of enterprise Java application development and maintenance.Building on the existing success of Eclipse, Mylyn and Spring IDE, the Spring Tool Suite will simplify the large aggregation of tools used to develop complex enterprise Java applications, dramatically reducing information overload and streamlining developer workflow. And it is expected to be available in March 2008. You can find more informations and updates about this in the official site of Interface21.
Some Spring Tool Suite offers:
- support for the latest Spring 2.0 features, including namespace-based configurations;
- support for Spring Web Flow, including an extension to WTP’s XML editor for content assist, hyperlinking, validation, and graphical editing;
- tools for Spring AOP based development, including support for validating configurations and visualization of cross cutting references;
- support for Spring Java configuration.
Did you notice the Interface changes coming in the Office 2007 suite? The following are some of the features and screenshots of this. I am sure you will defenitely love this new, attractive interface and graphics. 🙂
Most of them will be the new trends of Interface design. For example the concept of “Contextual Tabs”. This is called as the heart of the new user interface….
The screenshots given below are taken from official blog of Mr. Jensen Harris and if you want to read more about this topic then please visit here and here
The traditional menus and toolbars have been replaced by the Ribbon — a new device that presents commands organized into a set of tabs.The tabs on the Ribbon display the commands that are most relevant for each of the task areas in the applications.
- The Microsoft Office button
a single central location where a user can see all of these capabilities like share, protect, print, publish, and send in one place. File-level features were mixed in with authoring features.
New MSOffice button (Central Point)
The Contextual Tabs contain all the features you need for working with the selected object.The way it works is this: The default tabs for the application contain only the commands that are not object-specific. It turns out that this drastically simplifies the functionality you have to look through because so much of Word, for example, only works when you have a Table or a Chart or a Picture or a Header or a Drawing or a Text Box selected.
Galleries are the other huge attraction of the redesigned applications. Galleries provide users with a set of clear results to choose from when working on their document, spreadsheet, presentation, or Access database.
Technorati Tags : MSOffice 2007, Microsoft, Softwares
HSQLDB is a relational database engine written 100% in Java , with a JDBC driver. This supports a subset of ANSI-92 SQL. It is best known for its small size, ability to execute completely in memory and its speed. It offers a small (about 100k), fast database engine which offers both in memory and disk based tables. Embedded and server modes are available. Additionally, it includes tools such as a minimal web server, in-memory query and management tools (can be run as applets or servlets, too) and a number of demonstration examples.This is currently being used as a database and persistence engine in many Open Source Software projects and even in commercial projects and products! It is free under the Modified BSD License.
HSQLDB home : here
Features of hsqldb : here
Known problems with hsqldb: here
Technorati Tags : HSQLDB,
I happened to know about “Foxit Reader 2.0“; an incredibly small sized PDF reader from Mr.Vadivel’s blog. In his post he had explained about the reason of migration through some of the disadvantages of the commonly used Adobe PDF reader. And I decided just to test this new one. But WOW! For my surprise it took no time for the installation!!! One sec?? Naa.. 🙂
Its has some good features too. Lets check some of them taken from their official site.
- The download size of Foxit Reader is only 1.5 M which is a fraction of Acrobat Reader 20 M size
- When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without any delay. You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.
- Have you ever wished to annotate (or comment on) a PDF document when you are reading it? Foxit Reader 2.0 allows you to draw graphics, highlight text, type text and make notes on a PDF document and then print out or save the annotated document.
- You may convert the whole PDF document into a simple text file.
- Foxit Reader highly respects the security and privacy of users and will never connect to Internet without users’ permission. While other PDF Reader often silently connects to the Internet in the background. Foxit PDF Reader does not contain any spyware or adware.
Technorati tags: Foxit Reader, PDF reader