The open source issue tracker JTrac’s new version (v2.0) is released. This version is more flexible than the old versions. So many options like the new Dashboard which includes search, view status are more useful to the user. It also features multi-language support now. The latest spring technology “Spring web flow” is also used during it’s development.
Click here to visit JTrack’s home. To download click here
Related post : JTrac
Technorati tags: JTrac, Opensource
Spring 2.0.1 : This is the first maintenance release for Spring 2.0, including fixes for most bugs that have been reported since 2.0 final as well as many minor enhancements. This release also introduces OpenJPA support and GlassFish weaving support.
JUnit 4.2 : JUnit is a regression testing framework used for implementing unit tests in Java. Its new version JUnit 4.2 have released . This is a bug fix release. JUnit 4 takes advantage of Java 5 features like annotations, varargs, and generics to simplify unit testing still further.
JOOConverter 2.1.0: This is an Open Source Java/OpenOffice Document Converter, ie a tool to perform conversions between different office document formats. Its 2.1.0 version is released.
Technorati tags: Spring Framework, JUnit, JooConverter
Have you ever used jTrac? … If you want to track the errors and issues causing with in the development or testing environment then, I am sure this will be better option for you. jTrac is a web-based application ideal for issue tracking with built-in workflow. It is a lightweight J2EE application built on the Spring Framework and Hibernate. This is designed to be generic, you can customize fields to track items (like bugs) & allocate tasks etc. It has a simple user interface and using a small database called HSQLDB. To use the jTrac we just have to do the following. Copy the war file to the servlet-engine then start it 🙂 . HSQLDB will automatically starts at the time of engines startup.
Some features of the jTrac are listed below
- Add custom fields and drop downs
- Per-project customizable workflow
- Field-level permissions
- Detailed history view
- E-mail notifications
- File attachments
- Full text search
- Search and filter even on custom fields
- Dashboard view of statistics
- Export data and search results to Excel
- Support for anonymous browsing of projects
- Relate items to each other, e.g. “duplicate of”, “depends on” etc.
- Support for all popular databases
- Database upgrade and migration scripts available
- Embedded database and web-app server – download and start using right away!
If you want to refer more about its features then please visit here
You can download it from here and the newest version available is 2.0-RC3-update1.
Reference: jTrack Home
Technorati Tags: jTrack, Bug tracking, Spring Framework, HSQLDB
1. Spring Provides Better Leverage
2. Spring Enables POJO Programming
3. Dependency Injection Helps Testability
4. Inversion of Control Simplifies JDBC
5. Spring‘s Community Thrives
Read more on this here
Technorati tags: Spring Framework